Webber Wentzel moves to iconic building in heart of Sandton CBD
Law firm Webber Wentzel has almost completed its relocation to its new rental premises at 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton. It will now house the entire Webber Wentzel Johannesburg staff complement of over 650 people in one collaborative space.
The 25,000-m2 development occupies an island site with seven floors and a 2000-car park basement opposite Sandton City as well as an annex of 10,000 m2 for future expansion. It is within easy reach of clients and central transport hubs including OR Tambo Airport via the Gautrain.
Managing the rising rental costs of property in the heart of Sandton’s business district was also an important consideration when Webber Wentzel negotiated the deal with
Redefine Properties. The firm has increased its space by 30% for the same cost as its previous rental with 10,000 m2 retained for future growth.
- 45 boardrooms of various sizes
- Three fully-equipped conference rooms, one of which is a 200-seater that can be used for arbitration purposes
- Seating capacity increased by 250%
- Areas dedicated to employee wellness and exercise
- A library
- A multi-faith prayer room
- 250-seater all-inclusive dining facility with spectacular views
- 2,000 parking bays for staff and clients
- Significantly enhanced connectivity
- A concierge service for staff and clients
The modern and energy efficient building, which achieves a 4-star rating from the Green Building Council, features an entire floor dedicated to the health and wellness of its staff, including an all-inclusive dining facility, a wellness centre with a doctor, nurse and physiotherapist on call, as well as a fully equipped gym.
Generators and water-storage tanks ensure that business continues unhindered during load- and water-shedding.
“This is the perfect opportunity to create an office and business environment that is fully aligned to the requirements of our clients and our people, and most importantly, reflects our position as a leading law firm in Sub-Saharan Africa,” explains Sally Hutton,
Managing Partner of Webber Wentzel.
Issued by Teresa Settas, Tel: +27(0)11 894 2767