RepSem2015 - A must attend Concrete Repair Seminar for 2015
Repair and rehabilitation of deteriorated concrete can be an art as well as a science. Developing an effective concrete repair and protection strategy requires a thorough understanding of the CAUSES of the problem. The repair engineer must have the skill and imagination to select and adapt any of various repair techniques to fix the existing defect.
RepSem 2015 seminar organised by the Concrete Society of Southern Africa NPC is designed to bring together engineers, scientists, specifiers, contractors, researchers, materials suppliers and practitioners to share knowledge and experience on current developments in concrete repair and protection.
The programme includes:
• Prof Mark Alexander – University of Cape Town “The fundamental causes of failures, and deterioration mechanisms”
• Gordon Mowatt – Spec-con (Pty) Ltd “Essential steps in the implementation and measurement of concrete repair projects”
• Edwin Kruger/Ravi Ronny – SANRAL “Engineering approaches to concrete bridge repair and protection”
• Representative from SIKA “Concrete protection using sacrificial anodes”
• Deon Kruger – University of Johannesburg “Non-Destructive assessment of concrete segments using state of the art Infrared Thermography ”
• Cassandra van der Merwe – Penetron “Extending the lifespan of concrete”
• Representative from BASF “Rapid setting repair mortar – revolutionising the market”
Go to: http://concretesociety.co.za/conferences/repsem2015 for more information and to book.