Aspasa Health & Safety: MHSA Workshop
Aspasa has and is still developing relevant Health & Safety training. Various levels and issues have been addressed in these courses over the last few years. This time we have a different slant: We have asked Advocate Paul Mardon, Deputy General Secretary – Occupational Health & Safety and Sustainable Development from Trade Union Solidarity to conduct the workshop.
- Date: 10 October 2017
- Time: 09:00 – 15:00
- Venue: Aspasa, Unit 8 Coram Park, Ferero Ave, Randpark Ridge
- Costs: R1900.00 per person (includes refreshments)
Advocate Mardon is a practicing Advocate and is very knowledgeable on the law, not only Health & Safety. There will great opportunity to ask questions, clear some of those workplace problems.
Cancellation Policy: No cancellations will be accepted 10 working days prior to the date of the workshop.
ASPASA Reserves the right to cancel the workshop in the event of not having enough delegates – minimum 10 delegates, maximum 30
The programme will include:
- Rights, Duties and Responsibilities of employers and employees in terms of Health & Safety Act, Act no, 29 of 1996 (MHSA)
- Duties of employers w.r.t. OHS
- Duties of Employees w.r.t. OHS
- Rights of employees w.r.t. OHS
- Emergency Preparedness
- The role and functions of Health & Safety representatives and Shop Stewards in the workplace.
- The rights and competencies of chosen health and safety representatives, including their legal liability and victimization.
- The Health & Safety representative vs the Shop Steward
- The Health & Safety Committee
- Investigations in terms of the Mine Health & Safety Act, Act 29 of 1996 (MHSA)
- Informational investigations in terms of section 60 of the MHSA
- Formal enquiries in terms of section 60 of the MHSA
- Pre-enquiry procedure
- Enquiry procedure
- Post-enquiry procedure
Who should attend: Managers, H & S Officials, All staff that could benefit, medical, HR and Training staff
More information or to book Tel: 011 791 3327 / www.aspasa.co.za